Message from the Group CEO
We are committed to a strong culture of diversity and equity, based on our Values and principles of fairness, inclusiveness, and respect.
At UOW College, we respect differences because it brings individuality and a rich variety of experiences to the workplace and classroom. Over the past twenty five years we have educated students from over thirty different nationalities. We also know that diversity and equity helps us to improve our college, enhance innovation and assist in supporting our students to achieve their educational goals.
Our Board of Directors and CEO are continually demonstrating and reaffirming our commitment to diversity and equity in the workplace.
This is fulfilled by:
- fostering a culture which values and responds to the rich diversity of our staff
- providing equal opportunity by removing barriers to participation and progression in employment
- implementing initiatives which aim to promote inclusiveness and address imbalances in all aspects of employment including recruitment, promotion, development, reward and recognition
- promoting clear and accountable policies and practices to engender trust between managers and staff
- ensuring that staff are aware of their rights and their responsibilities
Our commitment to gender equality has been externally recognised as we have been recognised as an Employer of Choice for Women by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2015. We have been recognised with this citation or its predecessor since 2002.
Diversity and equity is an important strategic priority for our organisation as we recognise that it takes exceptional individuals with different talents and perspectives to continue to deliver high quality education to more people in innovative ways.
Group Chief Executive Officer
UOW Enterprises: UOW in Dubai | UOW College| CCCU Hong Kong