Fees, scholarships and student loans

Get all the information you need here about fees, scholarships and student loans.

As a UOW College student you will be required to pay tuition fees throughout your course, and the fees will depend on your student type and course or program. Scholarships are also available to both domestic and international students that meet the eligibility requirements.

Administrative and other fees

At UOW College, you may need to pay extra administrative charges associated with your course, such as late charges, assessment remark requests, replacement student card and certificate requests.

Admission item Cost
Final results - clerical check $22.50
Final results - final attendance checks $27.50
Late enrolment fee $220
Replacement Student Card $10
Remark of final exam $55
Remark of assessment tasks $55
Reprint of certificates $22
Reprint additional certificate copies $5
RPL application fee $500 per RPL
VSL administration fee $60

As a student, you may need to pay for other costs associated with your course such as textbooks, equipment, printing on campus, criminal record checks or vaccinations, and costs associated with work placement.


Textbook requirements will be provided to students after enrolling subjects. Textbooks can be purchased from the UOW Unishop, students may also be able to source second-hand textbooks from past students. Students may also be able to borrow textbooks free of charge from UOW’s Library.

National Criminal Record Check

Students undertaking clinical placements are required to undergo a National Criminal Record Check. There is a cost associated with obtaining a Criminal Record check and it is the responsibility of the student to meet this cost. Refer to the NSW Police website for current costs.

International students will need to provide a police certificate from their home country or any country they have resided in, or a signed statutory declaration with no convictions or pending charges.

Working with Children Check

A Working with Children Check is free for volunteers or students over 18 on professional placement. For more information refer to the Office of the Children’s Guardian website. 


NSW Health requires students undertaking clinical placement in health facilities to be compliant with certain vaccinations to ensure the safety of both students and patients. Students must comply with these requirements at their own cost. For more information refer to the NSW Health Clinical Placement website.

As an international student, you must have student health cover for the duration of your study in Australia.

UOW College currently uses BUPA as its OSHC provider.

When you receive your initial offer to study at UOW College, you will have the option to allow the College to organise OSHC through our preferred provider BUPA. Once you pay the full amount of tuition and OSHC fees, the College will advise BUPA that you have paid. BUPA will then register you as a member and issue you with a membership card.

If you want to arrange your own OSHC through a different provider, you can choose not to pay the OSHC fee to UOW College.

Please note - It is your responsibility to ensure that your OSHC is current for the duration of your Student Visa.

For full details go to BUPA OSHC

If you are bringing your family, you should organise family OSHC. Contact BUPA for details.

Penalties will apply for non-payment of fees and other costs associated with your course. You must finalise your billing payment option and pay fees as well as other debts due to UOW College Australia on time. Penalties for non-payment can include restricted access to services, withholds on your student records, restrictions on conferral of awards, or cancellation of your enrolment. For international students studying in Australia on a student visa, a cancellation of enrolment (due to non-payment of tuition fees) is reported to the Department of Home Affairs (DHA). For more information please refer to our Fees and Refunds Policy.


If you fail to pay other fees (non-tuition fees) by the due date, your records will be withheld. This means you will not be able to see your grades or access any official documents until your outstanding fees are paid. Withholds may be applied for:

  • accommodation fees
  • library fines
  • unreturned materials
  • late enrolment fees
  • all other outstanding balances.

Once you have paid your outstanding debts, the withhold will be removed.

Managing your money and support services

University life can come with a range of expenses from text books, technology, and other course related costs. Learning techniques to manage your money efficiently is essential, and you can also access a range of free financial counselling services available if you are struggling to make your budget work.

Find out more