Set yourself up for employment in the health care industry.
A traineeship allows you to commence work and get paid, while you study a nationally recognised qualification with UOW College. Local Aged Care facilities in the Bega Valley and Southern Highlands regions are seeking new traineeship employees with a passion for people and a commitment to delivering high quality care, treating every individual with respect and dignity.
- Paid employment at a local Aged Care facility (subject to meeting individual facility requirements).
- Undertake a nationally recognised qualification FEE-FREE^ - CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support.
- The CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support will develop your skills for practice as a support worker, completing specialised tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community-based environments.
- Study at the University of Wollongong Bega Valley or Southern Highlands Campus.
- Access to UOW College and UOW student support services and guidance as well as mentorship from UOW Bachelor of Nursing students.
- On successful completion of Certificate IV in Ageing Support, you have the opportunity to progress to the UOW Bachelor of Nursing*.
- Aged 16 years or older.
- An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen.
- Complete an online literacy and numeracy assessment with results of level two or higher.
- To successfully fulfill the mandatory first aid and manual handling competencies offered in the course, it is necessary to possess a reasonable level of fitness and flexibility.
UOW Bega Valley has been providing the local community with access to world-class university education for 22 years; producing over 550 UOW graduates. Located on Auckland Street, the campus offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses, a pathway program, and academic support throughout your degree.
UOW Southern Highlands has been providing the local community with access to world-class university education for 21 years; proudly producing 220 UOW graduates. Sharing a location with Moss Vale TAFE, the campus offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses, a pathway program, and academic support throughout your degree.
Why study with us?
The advantage of doing a traineeship is that you can get a good perspective of the work while learning the qualification. I never considered working in Aged Care but I liked the idea of the traineeship because it would give me a qualification and experience in the industry at the same time. I enjoyed working with the residents, the study workload was manageable as the UOW College trainers support you throughout.
^Training under the NSW Fee Free initiative is fee-free for eligible students and fully funded by the NSW and Commonwealth governments.
*Meeting additional UOW entry requirements is necessary for this progression.