English Language Students
Congratulations, you have received an offer to study at UOW College. To start studying with us, firstly you need to enrol in your course.
We welcome all new students at Orientation and will be available to ensure you have all of the support you need to enrol in your course. On your orientation day we will give you all of the information that you need to start your session at UOW College.
What to expect at Orientation Day
Orientation day is your first chance to come and enrol in your course, meet other students and our staff.
Orientation day starts at 8.30 in the morning at UOW College (Building 30).
Orientation day is compulsory and will be finished by 5.00pm.
On Orientation day you will:
- Receive a copy of the English Orientation schedule
- Complete a Language Level Assessment
- Enrol in your course
- Enjoy a Free Aussie BBQ lunch
- Go on a Campus tour
- Meet the Student Services Manager & Student Advisor who will introduce you to UOW College and what is expected of you as a student
- Get your photo taken for your student card
We encourage you to walk around the campus and get to know your new study space and become involved in any orientation activities that are running on the day.
For information on how to get to the University of Wollongong campus, please visit the Getting to UOW website.
English Orientation Dates are the first day of each intake, please see English Session Dates.
Step 1: Accept or defer your offer
This is the letter you received from the UOW by email advising you have been accepted into the course.
To accept your offer, you need to complete the Acceptance Agreement attached to your Offer of Admission and return it with the fee payable, as quoted in your letter.
Step 2: Complete the Acceptance Agreement
- Check that all the details are correct, including the course information and start dates.
- Read the agreement information on the form.
- If the details are correct, and you have read and understood all information on the form, sign it to accept the offer by completing the payment details as requested.
Don’t forget attendance at Orientation is compulsory. If you can’t come, you need to contact us.
Step 3: Pay Fees
You must submit the Fee Payable to Accept Offer with your Signed Acceptance Agreement.
Step 4: Attend Orientation at UOW College (Building 30)
What should I bring to Orientation and Enrolment?
- Offer Letter: Please bring your letter of offer to Orientation day.
- Passport and Visa: Please bring your passport as proof of identity as well as your address and contact details while in Australia and a cop. You need to bring your passport so that we can issue you a UOW College student card.
- IELTS result or equivalent (if available)
Step 5: Campus Map
If you are coming to the Wollongong campus please check the campus map to see where your building (Building 30) and the closest car park or bus stop is.
Step 6: Internet access & OSHC (overseas student health cover)
You will receive your enrolment summary (including SOLS mail username and password) in class together with your oshc card (if applicable).
English language class timetables are available in the foyer of Building 30 before 8.30am the day after orientation. You can collect a copy of your timetable from your class teacher. Classes are scheduled on 5 days per week and are between 8.30am and 5.30pm.
If you cannot attend
If you cannot attend orientation and enrolment, you must advise reception staff on the day or contact UOW College Administration on (02) 4252 8804 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org