Welcome to UOW College Homestay Program
Our program is designed to connect students with local families living in Wollongong. There are many benefits gained from this rich cultural exchange. Students are welcomed into homes as a new member of the family and supported as they adapt to the new culture and lifestyle.
The UOW College Homestay program adheres to the Australian National Code of Practice, which means you can be assured of consistent standards of student welfare, support services and consumer protection. After all, our goal is to make your Australian homestay experience happy and successful.
We have a large number of trusted host families. Our homestay team has inspected each home and has regular contact with our families. We find you the most suitable family based on your needs.
Some examples of our students include:
- Study Tour students. These are students of all ages (some as young as 10 years old), who come together in a group with teachers. They are generally short-term, twin share, with classes in the morning at UOW College and activities in the afternoon.
- University Students. Including International and occasionally Domestic students, who are staying both long and short-term.
- Primary & Secondary school students. These are usually long-term students who are studying at high schools in Wollongong.
- Visiting professors, teachers, agents & supervising staff
UOW College Homestay is not available to family and friends of students, who are visiting the area and looking for cheap accommodation.
Families come in all shapes and sizes. Our families include:
- couples with/without children
- a single person with/without children
- an older couple whose family has grown up and moved away
UOW College Australia received 100% student satisfaction for Homestay Welcome and are ranked #1 globally and in Australia.
Many of the UOW College Homestay staff have hosted students themselves and have first-hand knowledge of the benefits it brings to both the families and the students. Our aim is to make everyone as happy and safe as possible through working closely with everyone involved.
If you have more questions, please check out our frequently asked questions.