High School Career Ready Programs
The UOW College eVET (Vocational Education & Training) program provides a range of courses that you can study while you are completing years 11 and 12.
These are nationally recognised qualifications giving you the chance to develop skills that can be used to seek employment as soon as you finish school, helping you find the job you want.
Benefits of studying with us
- FEE FREE - no tuition costs for students. Fees may apply for non-public school students.
- Study at the University of Wollongong (UOW) campus and gain experience as a university student. There is also the opportunity to study at your school.
- Access to UOW’s unique, world class facilities and student services.
- Receive a nationally recognised qualification.
- Study a course in your chosen field and become qualified and prepared to enter the workforce.
- Experience work placement (arranged by UOW College) and receive practical, real-life training to enable seamless entry into professional employment.
- Contribute to your ATAR (depending on the course you select).
You can study:
To apply or find out more
Full qualification and Statement of Attainment available
This course is highly regarded if you are looking for a rewarding career enhancing a young child’s early years.
You will learn skills such as supporting programs in early childhood services, in accordance with licensing, accreditation and duty of care requirements. You will attend tutorials and workshops with local industry experts in the field and regularly visit UOW’s Early Start Discovery space, where you will interact with children and their carers in a number of programs specially developed for UOW College students.
You will experience work placements at various early childhood services, which will provide you with practical, real-life training to enable seamless entry into professional employment.
Career opportunities may include working in early childhood services, such as long day care, family day care, preschool and out of school hours care programs.
Statement of Attainment available only
This course aims to equip students with the fundamental knowledge and skills required to work as a gym instructor, or group exercise instructor in the fitness industry.
Students will learn from industry experts using the high performance training facility located at the UOW UniActive gymnasium. Whilst this course is highly practical in nature it also aims to prepare you academically for further study. Upon completion of the statement of attainment, you may apply to study the remaining units required to be awarded the full SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness qualification.
As a part of this course, you will learn from experts in Strength and Conditioning, Nutrition, Exercise Physiology, Customer Service, Communication and First Aid. You will have use of the UOW’s own high performance training facility, accessing the latest programming equipment and attend tutorials and workshops with local industry experts in the field of Sport and Exercise Science. This course also includes mandatory work placement with the UOW UniActive gymnasium or Innovation Gymnasium.