Occupational English Test
The Occupational English Test is (OET) an international English language test that assesses the language communication skills of healthcare professionals who seek to register and practise in an English-speaking environment. Testing once a month, OET covers all four language skills (writing, reading, listening, speaking) with an emphasis on communication in a healthcare environment. Tests reflect real workplace tasks and relevant language skills, and have been developed specifically for up to 12 different healthcare professions.
You will receive a Statement of Results which shows your grade for each of the four sub-tests, from A (highest) to E (lowest). Each of the four sub-tests is assessed in a specific way.
OET is recognised and trusted by healthcare boards and councils in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and the UK. Many organisations, including hospitals, universities and colleges, are using OET as proof of a candidate’s ability to communicate effectively in a demanding healthcare environment.
2019 Test Dates
- Saturday 15 June - Bookings Now Open
- Sunday 7 July - Bookings Now Open
- Saturday 3 August - Bookings Now Open
- Saturday 31 August - Not Open
- Saturday 21 September - Not Open
- Sunday 13 October - Not Open
- Saturday 9 November - Not Open
- Saturday 30 November - Not Open
For OET fees please refer to the following information:
- AUD $587.00 – To sit all four OET sub-tests, including the online booking fee of AUD $7.00
- AUD $477.50 – To sit three OET sub-tests, including the online booking fee of AUD $7.00
- AUD $339.00 – To sit two OET sub-tests, including the online booking fee of AUD $7.00
- AUD $200.50 – To sit one OET sub-test, including the online booking fee of AUD $7.00