Information on the return of in-person study in Australia for International students
During the COVID pandemic, many of the requirements for students studying with Australian institutions on student visas were relaxed. The government has announced that from 30 June 2023, this flexibility will cease. This means that all international students must comply with the requirements of their student visa, and education providers must return to full compliance with the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Framework, from 30 June 2023.
What does this mean for students?
From 30 June 2023, international students who are studying on a student visa must:
- Be enrolled in a full-time study load;
- Be in Australia and studying face-to-face, on campus; and,
- Comply with all other student visa requirements and conditions.
UOW College Australia will be offering courses for all international students on a face-to-face basis. Program-specific information is provided as follows:
- Academic Programs - all classes will be held face-to-face on campus from 26 June 2023, with some online lectures available for select subjects.
ELICOS - all classes will be held face-to-face on campus from 10 July 2023. For students commencing the English for Tertiary Studies 12-week course from 22 May 2023, all classes will be face-to-face on campus. Students will need to ensure they are in Australia and ready to commence classes in person on campus on this date as no online classes will be available.
- Vocational - the HLT54121 Diploma of Nursing to remain exclusively face-to-face.