UOW College offers a range of partial tuition scholarships to students from selected countries for both English Language and Academic pathway courses.
No need to apply. Simply complete the Application Form for your course and the scholarship will be assessed and awarded as appropriate.
UOW College Scholarships
- English Programs - Bursary
- Sri Lanka
- Study Tours
The UOW College Study Tours Scholarship is aimed at encouraging participants to return to the University of Wollongong and study a UOW College academic pathway program or vocational qualification.
UOW College welcomes students from overseas partner institutions into Study Tour and group programs. These programs provide international students with an opportunity to improve confidence and English proficiency through teaching life skills, developing intercultural competence, friendships and open mindedness.
To apply for a UOW College Study Tours Scholarship, you must have completed a UOW College Study Tour from 2017. After your scholarship experience, simply submit a completed application for one of the courses set out below and attach a copy of your Study Tours certificate^.
Successful applicants will receive a $3,000 AUD scholarship towards tuition fees for a UOW College program. UOW College offers university preparation courses including diploma programs that can guarantee* entry into a range of UOW bachelor degrees, at first or second year level. There are also a number of vocational courses available, providing the opportunity to gain career-relevant skills, or progress to a UOW bachelor degree. The full list of eligible courses is provided below.
UOW COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBLE COURSES
Academic Pathway Programs
- HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing
- BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
* Guarantee is subject to meeting UOW entry requirements.
^This offer is valid until December 2022 and for 2017 Study Tour participants aged 15 years and older. Offer is not transferrable.
Australia Awards Scholarships are long term development awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. They aim to contribute to the long term development needs of Australia's partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. They provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
BUPA provide Overseas Health Cover (OHC) to UOW College and University of Wollongong international students. In conjunction with OSH, BUPA awards $2500 annually to UOW College for student scholarships. From this, the College awards six BUPA scholarships annually to our best performing students during the year. Scholarships are subject to change.
1. To be eligible to receive a bursary or scholarship with UOW College, the applicant must be a citizen of an eligible country. Students enrolling as citizens or permanent residents of Australia or New Zealand are not eligible for these bursaries or scholarships.
2. Where a student extends their course after commencing at UOW College, the tuition fee for the period of the extension will be at the same bursary or scholarship rate.
3. The bursary or scholarship must be taken up for the session in which it is offered. Where an application defers the course commencement date to a starting date after the expiry of the offer, the scholarship may not be re-offered.
4. This scholarship and bursary scheme supersedes all previous offers.
5. Applications must be received one month prior to the commencement of the student’s intended start session (this may be waived at the discretion of UOWC).
6. Students awarded bursaries and scholarships may be contacted by UOW College and asked to represent and promote the College in selected marketing activity.
7. Vietnamese students need to have achieved a 7.25 from a Standard High School or 7.0 from a Gifted High School (calculated on average of 5 best academic subjects) and for Indonesian applicants to have achieved 7.25 in SMU 3 (or 7.25 UAN if the student is graduating from an Elite School).
To be eligible to receive a scholarship with UOWC all applicants must be a citizen of an eligible country and must be residing in that country at the time of application.
Effective from 1st July 2016 for all offers issued for courses commencing in 2017 (until further notice).
Fees are shown in AUD. Fees are dependent on the actual year of commencement and are subject to change without notice and annual increases.